How to Link Aadhaar Card with SBI Bank Account –
SBI (State Bank of India) is one of the largest Government sector banks in India that offers the easiest and hassle-free way to link Aadhaar Card number with your bank account. Ideally, there are four ways to link your Aadhaar card with SBI bank account:-
- Through internet banking
- Through SMS
- Through SBI bank ATM
- Through bank branch
Aadhaar linking through SBI internet banking
Steps 1 – Visit SBI’s official net banking website at www.onlinesbi.com.
Steps 2 – Log on to your account by choosing “LOGIN New Version”
Steps 3 – Click on “e-Services” option
Steps 4 – Again click on “Update Aadhaar with Bank accounts (CIF)” option.
Steps 5 – Enter your profile password and click on “Submit” button.
Steps 6 – Select the CIF number ((All accounts under CIF will be linked with Aadhaar), fill up your Aadhaar number twice and click on “Submit” button.
Steps 7 – Tick the disclaimer and click on “Submit” button.
Steps 8 – Once done, a message will be displayed to you “Your request for Aadhaar linking with reference number SBIxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx is processed and your Aadhaar number is successfully linked to your Bank records.
Steps 9 – The status of your Aadhaar linking will also be sent to you on your registered mobile number.
Aadhaar Linking through SBI bank ATM
- Visit the nearest SBI Bank ATM to link to your Aadhaar card with bank account.
- Swipe in the ATM-cum-Debit card and enter four-digit ATM pin to authenticate the account.
- Choose the “Service Registration” option and select “Aadhaar Registration/inquiry” from this menu.
- You can now select the account type (savings/current) after which you will be asked to enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number.
- Enter your Aadhaar number second time when prompted.
- Click the “Submit” button and it is done.
Aadhaar Linking through SMS
- This method to link Aadhaar with SBI bank account is possible only if you have registered your mobile number with your account. So if your phone number is not linked to your bank account, you must get that done in the first step.
- Once your mobile number is registered with the bank, you can send an SMS to 567676 by typing in your UID (SPACE) your Aadhaar number (SPACE) your SBI Account number in the text box.
- The confirmation of your request will then be sent to you on your registered mobile number via SMS soon after the bank will verify your Aadhaar number with the UIDAI.
- In case the verification process fails, customers will have to visit the SBI bank branch with a copy of their original Aadhaar card or an e-copy of it.
Aadhaar linking through SBI bank branch
- Visit the SBI bank branch with a copy of your Aadhaar card or e-Aadhaar.
- At the bank branch, submit the Letter of Request along with the photo copy of Aadhaar letter.
- After essential verification, the bank will process your request and link your Aadhaar number to your account.
- Upon completion of the request, an SMS will be sent to you on your registered mobile number.
Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number issued by the UIDAI on behalf of the Government of India. It is also a valid KYC (know your customer) document that one needs to furnish while opening bank accounts, to avail pension, scholarships and direct LPG and other subsidies from the government.
In addition, an Aadhaar card can also be used to get passport, booking travel tickets and every other place where you require providing your address and identity proof. An Aadhaar card perfectly substitutes the voter ID card, PAN card and every other essential document. Hence, if you are someone who has still not linked Aadhaar number with your SBI or any other bank account, you must do it right away to avail good many benefits and make your life simpler.